Herve Frenoy Licensed Real Estate Salesperson Spotlight
I was born and raised in the north of France, and yes, when we meet or talk on the phone you will notice I still have a (others say “charming”) French accent although I have lived in the States for quite a few years.
There’s a long list of things I like about living and working in Washington Heights:
- It’s a very “walkable” neighborhood. In fact, a web site that scores neighborhoods for their walkability gives Washington Heights a “98” out of 100. So you see, it is not just my own impression but many people agree this area of New York City is enjoyable for easy walking and getting around.
- Great parks around this area, including Fort Tryon Park, which overlooks the Hudson River, Bennett Park, and Fort Washington Park which has spectacular views of the New Jersey Palisades and the George Washington Bridge.
- This area, and the people who live in it, makes it feel like a village. You feel like you are not in NYC, and yet the rest of Manhattan is just a subway ride away—so you enjoy the best of both worlds.
The pace of life is definitely different here than it is in the rest of Manhattan, the slower pace is good for your health.
When I meet clients who do not really know the area or do not know it at all, I really like to share how I feel about this neighborhood with them and show them all the advantages of living in Upper Manhattan.
There is so much to enjoy about living in New York City, including the great variety of vegetarian and vegan restaurants, and what I see as the cafe culture, reminiscent of living in France where you get to know your neighbors and people you see frequently in your own part of town.
This city allows me to indulge my favorite past times without having to leave Manhattan Island to do it. I’m happy to share more about what I enjoy, because I think that always makes a conversation more interesting.
Here are some of my interests:
- Cinema (Italian neorealism, contemporary French cinema, American cinema from the ’40s and the ’50s, and much more)
- Politics and what comes with it: a good debate
- Vegetarian cooking (some of my favorite food include: garlic, olives, basil, chickpeas, eggplant, mushrooms... ). I have been a vegetarian for 30 years.
- Wine (my preference goes to French, Spanish, Italian organic and biodynamic wines)
- Traveling (I have been to quite a few countries but there are still plenty more on my list including Turkey, Israel....)
I look forward to meeting you and showing you my favorite part of town—Washington Heights and the entire Uptown area of Manhattan. It would be my pleasure to help you find your next home in a friendly neighborhood that I believe you will come to enjoy as much as I do.
NYC is for the Birds: Audubon Mural Project - Read The Story from August 17, 2017 »
Art Stroll: Gaga Pa'l Pueblo - Read The Story from August 10, 2017 »
Compost, Compost, Compost! - Read The Story from August 4, 2017 »